A. Frame Preparation (11 questions)
1. Verify wheelbase (WB), cab-to-axle (CA)/cab-to-trunnion (CT) measurements and tandem axle spread.
2. Verify gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) and gross axle weight ratings (GAWR).
3. Verify frame width, height, and length.
4. Determine body/equipment layout locations.
5. Relocate and/or modify frame-mounted vehicle components/systems as necessary.
6. Repair, lengthen, shorten or reinforce frame and frame members.
7. Lay out mounting holes; select appropriate tools.
8. Prepare vehicle if welding.
9. Inspect frame and frame members for damage (such as: cracks, breaks, distortion, elongated holes, looseness, and corrosion); determine needed repairs.
10. Inspect, install, or repair frame, hangers, brackets, and crossmembers.
B. Suspension Systems (5 questions)
1. Preparation and Installation (3 questions)
1. Relocate suspension components as necessary.
2. Determine additional auxiliary axle location(s) and install.
3. Install additional suspension components including leaf springs, air bags, stabilizers (torsion bars), stop blocks, spacer blocks, tanks, and valves/controls.
4. Check driveshaft clearances to moving and stationary components under operating conditions.
5. Verify proper routing and support of air lines, fluid lines, control cables, and electrical harnesses; modify as necessary.
6. Attach axle to suspension seats, as necessary.
2. Inspection and Repair (2 questions)
1. Inspect and replace front axles, U-bolts, and nuts.
2. Inspect, service, adjust, or replace king pin, steering knuckle bushings, locks, bearings, seals, and covers.
3. Inspect, service, and replace shock absorbers, bushings, brackets, and mounts.
4. Inspect, repair, or replace components of leaf spring suspensions.
5. Inspect, adjust, or replace torque arms, bushings, and mounts.
6. Inspect, adjust, or replace axle aligning devices such as radius rods, track bars, stabilizer bars, and related components.
7. Inspect, repair, or replace components of walking beam suspensions.
8. Inspect, test, adjust, repair, or replace air suspension pressure regulator and height control valves, lines, hoses, and fittings.
9. Inspect, test, repair, or replace components of air bag suspension systems.
10. Measure vehicle ride height; determine needed adjustments or repairs.
C. Driveshaft Preparation (5 questions)
1. Lay out driveshaft; determine required driveshaft length.
2. Inspect driveshaft for proper phasing.
3. Install driveshaft; measure and adjust operating angles (loaded and unloaded) where applicable.
4. Lubricate universal joints and splines.
5. Inspect, service, or replace driveshaft and related components; properly phase yokes.
6. Inspect, repair, and replace driveshaft center support bearings and mounts.
D. Body and Equipment (24 questions)
1. Preparation (8 questions)
1. Verify body/equipment mounting location on vehicle.
2. Select and install proper body spacers as necessary; confirm body height.
3. Lay out body and equipment mounting holes; select approriate tools.
4. Identify fastener type, grade, diameter, and length.
5. Select appropriate cutting/welding tools and equipment; perform cutting and welding procedures.
2. Installation and Repair (16 questions)
1. Fabricate and install subframes as required.
2. Install body, equipment, and/or related components; torque fasteners as required.
3. Determine layout, install, connect, and test all federally required lighting and reflector systems.
4. Install fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) fill tubes (if applicable).
5. Determine layout and install rear end or impact protection.
6. Construct and install appropriate guards and shields.
7. Connect auxiliary HVAC.
8. Furnish and install informational, operational, and safety labels in appropriate locations; provide manuals as required.
9. Verify that proper required certification labels are attached.
10. Remove and reinstall park assist sensors and camera.